18 February 2008

We're Getting Married!

That's right, soon I will no longer be Lauren Eades, but Lauren Voboril! T.J. proposed to me last Tuesday (February 12th) and of course, I replied "Yes!!!!" without hesitation. It was very romantic and spectacular, as you might expect a performance from T.J. to be, and it seems the sun was pleased with the event.

We were skiing that blue-sky morning and took Lift 12 up to Prospect Ridge, a "hike-to" part of the mountain that boasts 360 degree views of the picture-perfect San Juan mountains. Because we had to hike up to the slopes we wanted to descend, we had our skis hoisted over our shoulders. When we got to "Crystal" run, I put my skis down and went to put them on, while T.J. inexplicably was getting onto the ground and not putting his skis on. I was rather confused and started to ask him what he was doing, until I realized that he was on one knee and had a beautiful, sparkly ring in his hand. He popped the question (perhaps with a few tears and maybe a froggie in his throat), and I melted.

Luckily, someone was hiking up past us, and we convinced him to take a "post-proposal" picture. [I'm pretty sure the only reason he agreed to take the picture was because he and I had the same goggles, but whatever.]

After we took in the moment for a bit, we figured it was time to take my "crystal" on Crystal and hit up some more runs. Unfortunately (but only for this one occasion), this particular run is a very steep double black diamond. As I was understandably teary, my goggles were completely fogged-up, I could hardly see where I was going, and I barely made it down the slope in one piece! Needless to say, it's one of the most exciting runs I've ever had in my entire life!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jess and I are so excited for you guys. I had a hunch - but was also very surprised. Now you get to play the "We're engaged" game throughout your travels. Who knows, it could be good for a room upgrade or a free bottle at dinner - play it up big time. Props to you TJ - I think I would have been too nervous I would have dropped the ring in the snow or lost it in one of ten ski jacket pockets. Very original and great timing on the other hiker to catch the moment on film. What a great way to start off an unbelievable trip. Not everybody gets an engagement trip and a honeymoon. Back in ATL we are raising a glass to the new soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Voboril - congrats and please keep the updates coming. And Mazol-Tov!

Anonymous said...

Sorry. Look please here

T.J. said...

Seriously, the spammers need to leave our blog alone. Please don't click on any of the links that have been posted in the comments from jon, fox, or tojagal. Spammers, just know that karma is going to git you, suckas!!!